Modeling instruction in the media
- Frank Noschese TEDxNYED on learning science by doing science.
- NBC 7 News; Whiteboarding in Matt Greenwolfe’s class
- A 1-hour WNET special on the drop-out crisis in America; it features Seth Guinals-Kupperman being interviewed by by Ray Suarez.
- What is Modeling? Luke Diamond and Jennifer Dye, John Paul II High School Hendersonville TN
- Hands on, minds open: the changing face of science education: Claire McLaughlin of Brunswick County Early College High School in North Carolina and her students are profiled in this video created by the Hunt Institute.
Students share their views on learning through Modeling Instruction
Examples of classroom implementation
Here’s a link to a 12-minute clip of Modeler Seth Guinals-Kupperman’s classroom with some expert commentary by Fernand Brunschwig.
Physics Buggy Lab with Whiteboard Debrief and Motion Map Introduction
Highlights of a Bouncing Ball
These clips show 1 class period, 3 weeks into the semester in Dwain Desbien’s calculus-level physics course at Chandler-Gilbert Community College in fall 1999. 33% of the students had never had physics before!